Learning about responsible drug use and addiction can be important for anyone. The main questions we’ll be asking ourselves this afternoon:
- How does addiction ‘operate’?
- What is the border between substance use and ‘abuse’?
- Can addiction be overwon?
- Can we simply put a halt to the uncontrollable?
- Why is the uncontrollable something shameful?
Over the last decades, abstinence – going cold turkey- has become the common treatment for rehabilitation, and even though it is an important step in controlling substance abuse, is it the only route? Is annihilation of ‘the illness’ really the only way towards a happy life? Integrative Addiction Coaching offers an approach that looks at the roots of ones’ addiction; uncovering the desires and lessons that lay hidden there; moving away from the notion that drug users need to be healed. Rather, learning to become friends with the addiction.
PRIZE: 15 euros, which includes a glass of (non-alcoholic) prosecco and a snack.
14:45 Doors Open
15:00 – 15:30 Short Documentary about the topic
15:30 – 16:30 Lecture Integrative Addiction Coaching about 12-step addiction treatment with Hans RJ West
16:30 – 17:30 Sharing Experiences / Open Circle
17:30 – 18:00 Physical Exercises with dancer Inge van Schooneveld
18:00 – 18:30 Opportunity to have (non-alcoholic) prosecco and a snack with us to discuss further
The approach of Integrative Addiction Coaching is revolutionary and has caused some controversy. During this afternoon we will have the opportunity to learn more from and ask questions to one of the people who has been on the forefront of this movement:
Integrative Addiction Coach Hans RJ West has been working with substance abusers for over 25 years (Centrum Maliebaan, Jellinek). Hans has his own practice Praat met Hans (Talk to Hans) and is currently writing a manual for life partners of longtime substance abusers, offering alternatives to co-dependent relationships and how to de-able so-called binging and purging processes within the family constellation. http://praatmethans.nl/
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Background information on addiction
- Background information on Integrative Addiction Coaching
- Tools to de-establish co-dependent relationships
- The opportunity to share within a safe environment
- Tools to better understand the workings of ‘the system’
- The opportunity to transform into debate and movement
- The ability to use knowledge for personal transformation
PLEASE REGISTER BY SENDING AN EMAIL TO INGE: INGEVSCHOONEVELD@GMAIL.COM
Het portfolioarchief is op dit moment leeg. Je kunt een nieuwe aanmaken op het dashboard.